United Methodists around the world are called to join the Caring Communities program, congregations and communities in covenant relationship with persons with mental illness and their families. Mental Health Ministries, #3303, 2012 Book of Resolutions
Faith & Mental Health is a bulletin insert to help communities become Caring Communities to help remove the stigma and fear around mental illness and mental health issues.
- Educate congregations and the community in public discussion about mental illness and work to reduce the stigma experienced by those suffering.
- Covenant to understand and love persons with mental illness & their families.
- Welcome persons and their families into the faith community.
- Support persons with mental illness and their families through providing awareness, prayer, and respect.
- Advocate for better access, funding and support for mental health treatment and speak out on mental health concerns.