Call to reach out to all people, model diversity among God’s children
Special Sunday gifts often enable first-generation students to attend college. read more »
3 bishops send letter to Pennsylvania United Methodists
Budgets are moral documents that reflect values of commonwealth in advancing common good, bishops declare. read more »
World Communion Sunday Oct. 5
For Adolphe Lumuna Kimanwa, poverty is not just about lacking money. read more »
Global Partnership for Education Replenishment
Malala Fund sponsors first-ever youth delegation to 2nd Replenishment Conference in Brussels. read more »
U.N. Advocacy Group on MDGs reaches out to G-7 members
Pledges being accepted to Global Partnership for Education to implement sound education plans in vulnerable nations. read more »
Messages highlight United Methodists in action
Campaign highlights UMC work to advance social issues such as education, labor rights and food insecurity. read more »
Sunday School class protests new form of segregation in Georgia
Stands against undocumented youths being kept from learning and life opportunities. read more »
1 2 3 A Family Counting Book by Bobbie Combs
• An engaging book that can be used to help teach children how to count and learn numbers.
• Presents a variety of families (same sex parents, adoption, different cultures).
Round is a Mooncake: A Book of Shapes by Roseanne Thong
• Bright art makes this book a great way to learn shapes.
• Includes a glossary which explains the cultural significance of each object found in the book.
Jambo Means Hello: Swahili Alphabet Book by Muriel Feelings
• Introduces readers to the 24 letters of the Swahili alphabet.
• Selects one word for each letter of the alphabet that is used to show aspects of traditional east African life.