1 2 3 A Family Counting Book by Bobbie Combs
• An engaging book that can be used to help teach children how to count and learn numbers.
• Presents a variety of families (same sex parents, adoption, different cultures).
Round is a Mooncake: A Book of Shapes by Roseanne Thong
• Bright art makes this book a great way to learn shapes.
• Includes a glossary which explains the cultural significance of each object found in the book.
Jambo Means Hello: Swahili Alphabet Book by Muriel Feelings
• Introduces readers to the 24 letters of the Swahili alphabet.
• Selects one word for each letter of the alphabet that is used to show aspects of traditional east African life.
The Day of Ahmed’s Secret by Florence Heide & Judith Gilliland
• Story of a young boy named Ahmed who delivers butane gas all over the city of Cairo and has a special secret that will only be told to his family.
• Ahmed is... read more »
Taliban guns down Pakistani girl who spoke up for rights
Does the attack on 14-year-old girl indicate that our vision of God’s reign is too small? read more »
For the Church, standing with the oppressed is not optional; it is our Christian duty, it is who we are as followers of Jesus. That is why the church needs to stand up for the powerful witness of Malala Yousafzai, a 14 year old Pakistani girl who, because of her... read more »
United Methodist Special Sunday Oct. 7
Participation in offering vital to developing United Methodist leaders around the world by providing scholarships to persons not able to pursue higher education otherwise. read more »
Two-sided study card with Biblical references, United Methodist Social Principles and resolutions, facts regarding the issue, and steps you and your church can take to make a difference. Vist our store to order cards.
John Wesley greatly emphasized the importance of education and he specifically focused on making education available for the poor. Public education has taken on greater significance in a pluralized world as a means of socialization and a force for cohesiveness and equality. The public school still represents the primary way... Read More
$130,728 awarded to 7 ministries
Program intended to strengthen congregations through education, advocacy or leadership development for social justice engagement. read more »