Messages highlight United Methodists in action
Campaign highlights UMC work to advance social issues such as education, labor rights and food insecurity. read more »
Sunday School class protests new form of segregation in Georgia
Stands against undocumented youths being kept from learning and life opportunities. read more »
1 2 3 A Family Counting Book by Bobbie Combs
• An engaging book that can be used to help teach children how to count and learn numbers.
• Presents a variety of families (same sex parents, adoption, different cultures).
Round is a Mooncake: A Book of Shapes by Roseanne Thong
• Bright art makes this book a great way to learn shapes.
• Includes a glossary which explains the cultural significance of each object found in the book.
Jambo Means Hello: Swahili Alphabet Book by Muriel Feelings
• Introduces readers to the 24 letters of the Swahili alphabet.
• Selects one word for each letter of the alphabet that is used to show aspects of traditional east African life.
The Day of Ahmed’s Secret by Florence Heide & Judith Gilliland
• Story of a young boy named Ahmed who delivers butane gas all over the city of Cairo and has a special secret that will only be told to his family.
• Ahmed is... read more »
Taliban guns down Pakistani girl who spoke up for rights
Does the attack on 14-year-old girl indicate that our vision of God’s reign is too small? read more »
For the Church, standing with the oppressed is not optional; it is our Christian duty, it is who we are as followers of Jesus. That is why the church needs to stand up for the powerful witness of Malala Yousafzai, a 14 year old Pakistani girl who, because of her... read more »
United Methodist Special Sunday Oct. 7
Participation in offering vital to developing United Methodist leaders around the world by providing scholarships to persons not able to pursue higher education otherwise. read more »
Two-sided study card with Biblical references, United Methodist Social Principles and resolutions, facts regarding the issue, and steps you and your church can take to make a difference. Vist our store to order cards.