Conference call will address how to advocate for children
DeMarco, Hysell will be featured presenters on John 10:10 Healthcare Challenge call. read more »
'Share the Love, Save Lives: A Mother’s Day Tribute'
85-90% of deaths from malaria are women and children under five. read more »
Using everyday examples, Hennessy demonstrates how young children help, and are helped by, the people in their lives; grow and learn; and teach others. They share toys, feelings, and ideas. These actions create friendships, and friendships around the world create peace. ‘It might begin…because of you.’... read more »
International panel to discuss violence against women, girls March 8
International panel held in conjunction with 57th session of U.N. Commission on Status of Women will address prevention of violence. read more »
‘Innovative Solutions — From Theory to Practice,’ March 5
International speakers will examine impact of resource wars on civilian populations. read more »
Packaging Girlhood by Lamb & Brown In Packaging Girlhood we try to show parents the image of girls (sexy, diva, boy-crazy, shoppers) that's being packaged and sold to their daughters while also giving them the tools to help their daughters resist these images. We write about how girl power... read more »
I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont
• Encourages kids to embrace their unique qualities, differences and values.
• A great book to increase self esteem and realize that we are all one of a kind. read more »
Families Are Different by Nina Pellegrini
• Child is aware of adoption and also that her parents love her deeply
• Lists a number of diverse ways of being a family
Asi Vamos a la Escuela by Edith Baer
• Describes, in text and illustrations, the many different modes of transportation children all over the world use to get to school.
• Written in Spanish
All About Adoption: How Families are Made & How Kids Feel About It by Mark Nemiroff & Jane Annunziata
• Presents the realities (concerns, joys) of adoption and the process of adoption.
• Diverse presentation of families and interracial adoption.