'Share the Love, Save Lives: A Mother’s Day Tribute'
85-90% of deaths from malaria are women and children under five. read more »
Petition urges funding to prevent malaria-related deaths
"Moms for Moms" petition launches to preserve U.S. global health funding to fight malaria and other diseases of poverty. read more »
$48,000 awarded to 14 ministries
Grants go to programs that address issues such as gun violence, immigration, Palestine, human trafficking and racial discrimination. read more »
Seeds of Change: Planting a Path to Peace by Jen Cullerton Johnson • Seeds of Change: Planting a Path to Peace brings to life the empowering story of Wangari Maathai, the first African woman, and environmentalist, to win a Nobel Peace Prize. Engaging narrative and vibrant images paint a robust... read more »
9 African countries represented in training on grassroots social-justice organizing
First-ever such training in Central Conferences builds on more than a decade of teaching about the Social Principles. read more »
Coordinated international leverage needed
Process has neither necessary parties at the table nor sufficient international involvement for success, according to Enough Project. read more »
Jambo Means Hello: Swahili Alphabet Book by Muriel Feelings
• Introduces readers to the 24 letters of the Swahili alphabet.
• Selects one word for each letter of the alphabet that is used to show aspects of traditional east African life.
Head, Body, Legs: A Story from Liberia
• Traditional creation story from the Dan people of northeastern Liberia.
• Shows that more can be accomplished when we work together.
Liberian makes U.S. Congress visits on behalf of Imagine No Malaria
Told story about having malaria and impact it had on family and himself with representatives in the U.S. congressional offices. read more »
By Margy Knight & Mark Melnicove
• Dispels the common perception that Africa is a country by presenting the nations that are in Africa through children’s experiences in those countries.
• Lists basic facts and images of all the nations’ flags.